my mad fat diary - (little things that may have gone unnoticed)
my mad fat diary - (little things that may have gone unnoticed)
Holmes & Watson thing
Forget the Angels Take Manhattan, or any other points. This was where he lost the Ponds. This was the moment he knew there would be no routine, or order to their visits. This was the moment he could see they were thinking about stopping. This was the moment, in essence, he found out - in his own mind anyway - that he’d lost his two best friends.
Of course! And I’m considering long fics to be 30K words or longer, and also give you a sense of satisfaction and closure once you’re done reading.
* The Well of Living Waters (by kalpurna | 30,322 words | Rated E | One-Shot | Warning: Mpreg)
King Derek takes a consort.
* Pretty Melody (by thepsychicclam | 30,501 words | Rated E | One-Shot)
Stiles hasn’t seen Derek in six years, so when he shows up at the bar where Stiles works, claiming to be some indie rock star, Stiles can’t believe it.
Stiles has even more trouble believing that he and Derek are about to have a one night stand.
* DILF (by twentysomething | 30,871 words | Rated E | One-Shot)
"Today is Scott’s first day of kindergarten and Derek is terrified."
* Fly a Little Faster (by mirrorkill | 32,052 words | Rated T | One-Shot)
Everyone knows when you go back in time, you shouldn’t step on an ant, just in case you accidentally kill your own grandparent or something. But what happens when you go back in time and, uh, accidentally interrupt the one event that apparently made the Grumpiest Alpha in Town into a ball of mindless manpain?
Well, if Marty McFly can do it, so can Stiles Stilinski. All he has to do is get Derek and Paige to fall in love before he gets pulled back to his own time. And before he makes anything worse. That’s easy as pie, right? Right?
* Wayward and Down (by affectingly | 32,431 words | Rated E | 6/6 Chapters)
Pack is family. Family is everything.
This is Stiles’ senior year, and it’s nothing he could have imagined.
That time it took not one, but two separate troll attacks and a malevolent coven of witches for Stiles to figure out how he felt about Derek.
* Howlin’ For You (by Lenore | 33,050 words | Rated E | One-Shot)
A college AU with strippers, crime bosses, and a mystery to solve.
* Broken Cookie, Shattered Glass (by clawstoagunfight | 36,300 words | Rated E | One-Shot)
After Stiles’ best friend moves out of the apartment the two of them have shared for the last five years and into his own in a different city with his fiancee, Stiles is in desperate need of a new roommate. After a dinner with the Hale family, Stiles finally has a new roommate. The only problem is that he seems to hate Stiles’ guts.
* Past The Breakers (by thepsychicclam | 40,729 words | Rated E | One-Shot)
Stiles and Scott get summer jobs at the exclusive Seawolf Beach Resort, and the last thing Stiles expects is to start taking surf lessons from the hot lifeguard.
* The Great Pretender (by talktowater | 45,277 words | Rated E | 17/17 Chapters)
Stiles is the new kid at Beacon Hills High, class of 1958 and he’s trying to make an impression. Derek can’t figure out why this kid is so set on making such a bad one.
* Every Step You Take (by Nokomis | 49,347 words | Rated M | 5/5 Chapters)
Stiles accidentally ends up magically bound to Derek. It’s super.
* Sense of Home (by siny | 53,069 words | Rated E | One-Shot)
Home can be a place, but it can also be a person.
After the events with the Nemeton, Stiles starts suffering the consequences of their sacrifice. A journey he attempts to make on his own, but only becomes worse with every step he takes. In the process he seeks comfort in an unexpected place and it draws him toward an unexpected person.
* Pack Up; Don’t Stray (by the_deep_magic | 55,220 words | Rated E | 7/7 Chapters)
Werewolves are an enslaved underclass, collared and tagged by human masters. Detective Stilinksi’s on duty the night they bring in an untagged stray.
* Versus (by secondstar | 55,399 words | Rated E | 9/? Chapters)
At age nineteen, Stiles Stilinski was the next big thing, according to The Guardian. It was surreal, not being able to turn on Sky Sports without hearing his name mentioned along with the names of players he grew up idolizing. Stiles couldn’t believe that this was his life.
* Mate to Your Soul: The Online Dating Site for all your Heart’s Desires (by Curlee_Cue | 62,609 words | Rated E | 9/9 Chapters)
Meet Derek Hale. Derek is looking for love. Here is Derek’s online dating profile.
Hobbies: Brooding in solitude, glaring at anything that moves, growling like a wolf when I don’t get my way, and bemoaning the painful existence that is my life.
Or the one in which Laura Hale makes an online dating profile for Derek, and Stiles is a troll.
* The Company I Keep (by secondstar | 67,551 words | Rated E | 19/19 Chapters)
Stiles has a favorite table at the library. Then some asshole comes along and steals it from him.
* You Can Call Me What You Want (by seconstar | 69,301 words | Rated E | 10/10 Chapters)
Stiles Stilinski specializes in giving his clients exactly what they need.He knows what to say and how to act. It’s easy and he’s good at it. He never breaks.
* Nowhere Man (by 1lostone | 76,387 words | Rated E | 12/12 Chapters)
When Stiles leaves Beacon Hills, he does it without a backwards glance. For two years he is happy on the other side of the country- until someone targets not only him, but his daughter.
Unfortunately, the asshole bodyguard his dad hired to make sure he gets back home is none other than Derek Hale. And that’s really not very good for either of them.
* Tiny Houses (by ohmyjetsabel | 77,138 words | Rated E | 7/7 Chapters | Warning: Mpreg, Rape/Non-Con - read at your own risk)
"So this is what Stiles does. He lies in Scott’s bed and waits for Melissa to say she’s found someone to get it out of him, to cure him of the wrongness and the bad, and he dreams.
God, he dreams.
He dreams of fire and swollen bellies and that scene in Alien, of giving birth to jackals through his urethra, the whole horrific nine yards. His head is a terrible place to be, he can’t imagine his stomach is much better, why anyone would want to put a thing inside of it.”
* Permanent Fixture (by linksofmemories | 80,777 words | Rated E | 4/4 Chapters)
Derek is Scott’s older brother. Stiles is Scott’s best friend. Derek is falling in love with Stiles. This is a bit of a problem.
* Gravity’s Got Nothing on You (by zosofi | 83,980 words | Rated E | 11/11 Chapters)
“Three weeks,” Derek says.
“Still don’t want to,” Stiles says.
“I’ll pay you,” Derek says, and that… that has Stiles interested. Alf’s Antique’s may be a great job, but it’s not a high-paying job, and half of Stiles’s tuition is coming from financial aid, so…
“How much,” Stiles asks, “are we talking here? Because I know your family, dude. And it’ll be kind of awkward after.“
“My family thinks you’re some sort of fucking gift to the world,” Derek seethes, like he’s jealous, “they’ll probably be pissed at me when we break it off, so don’t worry about that. Five hundred bucks.”
“A thousand,” Stiles says, because screw ethics. Also, the Hale family is loaded. Derek can deal.
* Dating Backwards (by RemainNameless | 85,826 words | Rated E | 7/7 Chapters)
Pornstars Derek and Stiles work for the same company. Derek only shoots with werewolves and Stiles only shoots with humans. That’s not going to change after they meet. It’s really not.
* His Only Defence (by LunaCanisLupus_22 | 122,832 words | Rated E | 14/14 Chapters)
Stiles had just accidentally challenged an alpha.
Oh God and Scott had just stood by and let him do it. He was the worst best friend ever. Stiles was going to kill him. Except oh right the alpha was going to kill him first. Like beyond dead, ripped into tiny little pieces dead. So far dead that his dad would not be able to identify him, dead.
* Enemy Lines (by qhuinn | 149,179 words | Rated E | 17/17 Chapters)
This is the story of werewolf Derek Hale and human Stiles Stilinski: two people who grew up in the same town but completely different worlds, their realities split by the war between men and wolves.
Years later when Derek returns to Beacon Hills, he does it as Alpha of a military pack on a mission to capture those responsible for the region’s resistance. With his main objective, Sheriff Stilinski, out of sight, he settles for the next best thing: his son, Stiles.
Neither of them suspects they’ll need to trust each other if they want to make it out this alive.
* Baking My Way Into Your Heart (by theSilence | 178,630 words | Rated M | 22/22 Chapters)
Derek is an uptight college student, all work and no play. His carefully scheduled life is thrown kilter when his regular barista is replaced with someone new
Carefree, if only for a moment
The French charity the Mimi Foundation told 20 cancer patients they would give them makeovers. All that was required of them was to keep their eyes closed to make the reveal more exciting. The patients expected that when they opened their eyes, they would look beautiful — but they got something else completely.
This literally made me cry with joy.
Crying so hard. I love this so much.
The Goofy Catching Fire Cast ft. Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth, Josh Hutcherson, Jena Malone & Sam Claflin
But look what you did!